Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

How Humble Am I? VERY!

How humble am I? Very!
After my latest book signing at WHSmiths in Watford on Friday, a week after my gig at Waterstones, also in Watford, I am truly humbled, yes that word again, to say that I've sold and signed multiple copies of my book Wrong Place Wrong Time. In fact, the figure is well into the hundreds now. Some of the buyers I’ve charmed or even accosted in my own friendly way, informing them of how many 5* reviews the book has achieved, over 500 on Amazon and other book sites.
Also to express how proud I am that the book is #4 in the charts at the aforementioned Waterstones shop, just behind The Girl On The Train with signed copies displayed within the shop and in their window. But I would add that many people bought the book in order to support a local author.
I get goose bumps every time I walk past a book shop on the high street and see my book on display in their window. This is the stuff that authors dream of, but for me this has become reality! 
The majority of the books I've sold recently were bought as Christmas gifts, either personally dedicated or just with my signature. To think that on Christmas morning, there will be people all over the UK, who will be eagerly unwrapping their presents to find a copy of my book, with my mugshot staring at them. Just hope that doesn’t put them off their Christmas dinner!
Honestly, it is surreal because at the end of the day, who am I? No one, and to think that people pay for my book, is just an overwhelming feeling.
I enjoy meeting people, talking with them and for them to ask about my books and to congratulate me is something I had only ever imagined. Then for them to ask for my signature and for a photo, I feel like a celebrity.
Yes, people want a selfie with little old me.
I have completed about seven book signings so far over the past couple of months, some with a charity element, with a percentage of proceeds being donated to Cancer Research UK and Rays of Sunshine. I have more events lined up before Christmas and even more booked with Waterstones, WH Smiths and various other venues across the country for early 2017!
I would just like to say thank you to BE Offices who have hosted me a few times, with proceeds from sales going to their nominated charity Rays of Sunshine, so thank you to them. 
To every author out there, a book signing is not just about selling books, well of course that's the ultimate goal, mainly because for me it’s my living, but it's more than that. It is an opportunity to mingle, converse, inform people about the books and to be honest, just enjoy the limelight. And I am most certainly doing just that! 
Wrong Place Wrong Time
www.davidpperlmutter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment