Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Let's Say Hello To Author and Poet Helen Aitchison

 

Let's Say Hello To Author and Poet
Helen Aitchison



I’m a new writer from the North East of England, working full-time and writing at any opportunity in my spare time.

In my day job I am an Area Manager for a national charity, supporting homeless people and those fleeing abuse and exploitation.

My writing career began in August 2019 after successfully obtaining a place on Introduction to Playwriting by Live Theatre, Newcastle. Since then, I have truly caught the writing bug, enjoying exploring genre and style.

My writing is inspired by my own life experiences, as well as those of the people I have encountered in my career in the health and social care field. I am further inspired by the simplicity of human interaction and emotions that I feel readers can relate to.

Is there anything better than a good read, a cup of tea and a few biscuits!



Delighted that Helen's short story Breaking Point was shortlisted for Crossing The Tees contest last year. It has now been published, alongside some great short writings, in this anthology. Available at Drake the Bookshop now.

Here’s a snippet:

I struggle to define what my actual breaking point was. It felt like I was breaking and, in fact, broken, for such a long time. Since it happened, I have gone over it so many times. Each time it felt like I was watching a film. Someone else’s twisted reality of survival.

I didn’t know what made me do what I did. Red mist, revenge, fear, hatred, desperation or because I’m dangerous, as many suggested.

The only thing I was certain of that morning, was that one of us would have to die.

Visit the website of 


No comments:

Post a Comment