Total Pageviews

Monday, March 8, 2021

Susan George and My Things & Other..........

 


In challenging times of late, raising funds for charities has become an almost impossible ask but it doesn’t mean the small enterprises Lasting Life support, need us less, in fact quite the opposite.

“My Things and Others” is a new idea that already seems to have captured the imagination of many and our opening weeks exceeded expectation! We have a myriad of exciting items on sale from clothes to signed celebrity prints, artefacts, horse photographs and collectables.

It’s a first-time venture and I’ve asked friends to join me in donating personal items, and the response has been truly amazing, an element of surprise in gifts we’ve received and stories that go with them. It’s very much a shared website so please help us to help those living with the cruel disease of cancer in a time of need. Together we can make all the difference.
Susie ❤️


I have to admit at no time in my life had I considered going into retail, but My Things and Others is special and for such a special cause that will enable us to bring a smile on a grey day to someone who needs.

It’s been hard work in organising but fun too, especially going to the mailbox each day to find gifts and surprises that aren’t all from Amazon but friends who have been extraordinary in their support. It only took a phone call or letter and the response from everyone “what can I do to help?”

So please continue to spread the word amongst your friends and if you feel you have something to add to our collection, contact us about sending! Perhaps something you may have mistakenly bought or would just love to give us and perhaps write a line or two about?

We’ve already a shop at home that because of my extensive wardrobe and travel over the years, is practically full and of course I have many special things from my late husband Simon, that now and only now seems the right time and right reason to part with.

In the next few weeks we will be  adding a “special items for auction” page for some extremely unique collectables, so be sure to check in with us to see..

Our hope that this website will be the gift needed to help us help others in a time of need and from me and my trustees at Lasting Life huge thanks and enjoy…….



No comments:

Post a Comment