Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

TREKKER GIRL MOROCCO BOUND: Life after Blood Clots or How I Learned to Live and Love Life as a Thrombosis Survivor by Dawne Archer


TREKKER GIRL MOROCCO BOUND: 
Life after Blood Clots or How I Learned to Live and Love Life as a Thrombosis Survivor 
by Dawne Archer 



TREKKER GIRL  MOROCCO BOUND: Life after Blood Clots or How I Learned to Live and Love Life as a Thrombosis Survivor

Blood clot survivor, Dawne Archer (aka Trekker Girl), tells her story of family trauma, friendship rekindled and what seemed like ‘a good idea at the time’. Was trekking the Sahara Desert a step too far in her efforts to fundraise for Thrombosis UK?

I suffer from Survivor Guilt; why did my Dad die from his blood clot while I lived through mine? At the age of 26 I experienced two clots; one in my leg and another in my lung. People tell me ‘You’re lucky to be alive!’ and they are right.
Having made it to my 50s, I now live a fuller and more active life than ever before, although most people would say that trekking in the Sahara Desert to raise money for charity was perhaps a step too far!
After being contacted by a friend I last saw 35 years ago, I rashly signed up for this trek which pushed me way beyond my normal limits of endurance.
Join me on my journey through the trials and tribulations of this adventure. Laugh and cry with me; this is my story.
With blood clots, knowing what to look for might save your life or that of someone close to you.
Thrombosis UK works to educate both the public and health professionals to 'Spot the Clots'.
All profits from sales of this book will be donated to Thrombosis UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment