Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2020

Read A Poem From 'Thoughts of a Black Woman' by Ruby Black



Thoughts of a Black Woman 
by Ruby Black 

Thoughts of a Black Woman

Words that she longed to whisper. 

Thoughts that stifled her. 

Thoughts that she could no longer keep hidden.

These are the Thoughts Of A Black Woman.

Join me in highlighting the oppressed, love, the mindset of society and tragedy.

Read, relate and be inspired by these poems that were created to cater to every individual. 

Even you.


Thoughts of a Black Woman

Freedom

Being me
Is what freedom means to me.
Saying my truths,
Voicing my opinions,
Being myself,
Is what it means to be free.

Being free to express my emotions, Being free to let my love flow like the ocean,
Being free to set my own notions,
To give myself my own personal promotion.

To not be oppressed by my gender or race.
To not be judged by my size or my face.
To achieve what I want without complications.
To be able to follow my own aspirations.

To show my imperfections,
To not catch society's infection.
Cause they need correction.
And we all need protection.

So,
Being free,
Is being me.
This is what freedom means to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment